Tuesday 18 October 2011

The C word.

I decided to start a Blog as many people are concernd about my family and i.I have been getting alot of phone calls from friends who have questions and concerns.I dont always feel like talking these days (believe it or not) so this is my way of sharing with friends how i am doing.                      
I went to my family doctor 4 weeks ago with a lump on my arm,he sent me to a skin doctor who booked me for surgery 4 days later to have the lump removed.About 8 days affter surgery i recieved a call from my doctor to tell me i needed to come into his office with James right away.I convinced my doctor to tell me on the phone what the results were of the surgery and i wish i had of waited to hear it in his office.I will never forget the words "Julie you have Cancer and we need to see you right away".From that momnent till this day i have  a sick feeling in my stomach.My doctor explained to James and i that i have Melanoma the fastest speading Cancer and i need to be treated at the Cancer Clinic.I have had 2 scans one which showed acctive Lymph Nodes in my neck.I have another Scan called A Pet Scan on the 27th which will show the doctors if the Cancer has travelled any futher.After the scan i will be getting surgery on my neck to remove the infected Lymph Nodes and at the same time they will be operatingon my arm again as there is still some Cancer in my good cells. Once the surgerys are done i will be starting Chemo for 15months.
I have been trying to keep in good spirits but some days are better than others.My main concerns are for strenth while i am on treatment i hate the thought of being stuck in bed.I am also thinking of James as i will not be working and this puts alot of pressure on James please pray for him.I have been cooking some meals and putting them in my freezer so that James and Ashleigh are not eating KD every night( i knew i should of taught James how to cook)lol.
I will update my blog when i know more news and @ times James will update the blog also.

4 comments:

  1. Stay strong hon! You're a fighter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Julie,
    Your mom passed your blog on to me. This is a great idea. It will be so nice to be able to access up to date prayer requests and concerns for you and James and Ashleigh.
    Thanks for doing this.
    Donna Lawes
    FIGHT LIKE A GIRL !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie,
    Your brother posted your blog on FB. We are all praying for you. I was diagnosed with the C word as well and will pray for you k. Hugs.

    Love,
    Esther (my 10 year old daughter) & Susan
    from Malaysia
    susanbeh@yahoo.com (FaceBook E-mail)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, I want you to know that we are praying for you and your family. Lorne & Arla Everett

    ReplyDelete