Thursday 5 January 2012

Liver Damage

I am not sure if my journey is over or just beginning. I went for my second week of Chemo yesturday to hear the news that i need to be taken of the chemo immediatly as my liver was being destroyed by the chemo.I was taken directlly up to the chemo room and my Picc Line was taken out.My Dr. explained that in the one week of chemo my liver was extremely damaged.Getting chemo will never be an option for me so in saying that i cant help but ask "what about the cancer"?The Doctors will talk to me at a later date about the cancer but for right now their focus is my liver.My options are few, i go to Cancer Care Mondays and Wed to have my liver tested and at this point they are hoping it heals by itself.
This has really left me exhausted in a physical and mental way, it is hard for myself and my family not to worry,we are left with a sick uneasy feeling in our stomachs.

6 comments:

  1. Oh Julie! I'm so sorry.....may the Lord give you strength as you lean on Him alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, we have never met but I am a friend of Phil down here in San Diego. He has been updating your journey and said that today we should "give her some love".

    So.....even though we have never met or actually spoken to each other I hope it's not too odd for me to say that this morning I prayed for you.

    I prayed Psalm 121.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know your brother Phil through mutual friends but I haven't actually met Phil but corresponded because of interconnected ywam ministries. I, too, have found your blog through Phil's tweets and his mailchimp updates.

    I follow your blog now and pray for you regularly. You have a growing family and team praying for you around the globe. I will be praying for you and get others in New Zealand with the House of Prayer there praying when I return end of January. I'm currently visiting family and friends in Ontario for the holidays so I'm praying here on my own as well.

    From an outsider's perspective (and only my humble thoughts), it seems that the hands of the Doctors are tied and yours and your family's hands are tied. And you have no other option than to lean your entire weight and this entire burden on the Lord and see what only He can do. May the Lord do a miracle, where all will see that it was not chemo, nor the hands of doctors that did a healing work in you, but the work of the hand of the Lord, the Eternal Physician and creator of the human body, and who knows every nook and cranny of your body.

    Lord, please come and heal Julie's body today, Give her peace. Give her family peace. Remove the sting of bad news, and replace the pain with an indescribable peace and trust in Your sovereign will. And give her and her family joy each day.

    Alison Lam

    ReplyDelete
  4. How devastating. This was not the update I expected when I came to your blog tonight. I pray for comfort and a restful night's sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Julie....how inadequate our words are, but you are on my heart as well; to pray that you will truly know HE is with you; that you will 'fear no evil.' HE is the good Shepherd, and HE will never leave you dear sister.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Julie,
    You must be feeling very overwhelmed with so much going on right now. May God give you peace and guard your heart and mind.
    Alice

    ReplyDelete